What you need to get started
The Equip ID solution simplifies and standardizes the equipment tagging process. Proper asset tagging is influenced by equipment type and environment. Tagging begins with these 3 steps:
1) Download the Equip ID App on Your Mobile Device
For the best experience, use a NFC enabled Android or Apple iOS device
2) Log Into Your Equip ID Account
Logins are created by your account administrator. Need support?
3) Get a Supply of Equip ID NFC Tags
Our tag library includes many types tailored to their environment
Other useful things to have includes:
List of equipment to be tagged, Custom vanity decals, Portable charger, Washcloth, Zip-ties, and Tag bag
Basic training starts here
Watch this short video and learn how to:
- Create a new piece of equipment
- Update an existing equipment profile
Additional training and support vidoes coming soon. Need support?
Which types of Equip ID tags to use
Equip ID has multiple tags for different equipment types and environments. Our team will create a customized Equipment Tagging Guide based on your equipment portfolio.
To get your supply of Equip ID tags, please contact us.
Where to place your Equip ID tags
Recommendations for optimal tag placement:
- Flat surface of the equipment
- Surface of equipment is clean – free from moisture, dirt and grease
- Tag is highly visible
- Tag can be easily accessed by a mobile device
- No edges of the tag are ‘hanging off’ of the equipment
- Tag is not at risk of being damaged when equipment is in motion or other items are in motion, such as tools, gears or doors
- Avoid placing tags on equipment housing or other areas that are routinely removed during service or repair
Using a vanity decal
Vanity decals keep your brand highly visible as well as provide your service contact information. These customized decals are available in two sizes: 3”x3” for round tags and 1.75” x .75” for hanging tags.
What’s your equipment telling you? Let’s talk